Our two-fold philosophy:
To equip God’s people in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ through in depth Bible study, believing that God’s Word speaks to all areas of life.
Acts 20:32 “And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified…”
- 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
To enhance fellowship among the people of God through mutual encouragement, prayer and group activities.
1 Thes. 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
Classes are broken down into age categories so believers who are facing similar issues in life can share common experiences and encourage one another. Each class or “flock” is led by a church elder. The class instructor is either an elder or an approved teacher who has had to meet criteria specified by the Three Rivers Baptist Adult Education Team. The same book of the Bible is studied by each class. The individual classes also have their own times of fellowship outside the Sunday School hour. Those activities may be for prayer or social gatherings.
• Youth (middle and high school)
• Adult I ( Singles 18-25)
• Adult II (Singles or young married couples 26-35)
• Adult III (Generally includes folks who are 36-47)
• Adult IV (Generally includes folks who are 48-60)
• Adult V (Generally includes folks in their 60′s, “empty-nesters,” and grandparents, etc.)