Salvation through Faith in Christ Jesus
1. All members of the human race die because God, our Creator, has put a curse on us for having sinned against Him, beginning with Adam.
Genesis 3:17 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. 18 "Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; and you will eat the plants of the field; 19 by the sweat of your face you will eat bread, till you return to the ground, because from it you were taken; For you are dust, and to dust you shall return."
2. All have sinned against God.
Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--
3. All who have sinned are separated from God and condemned to eternal death.
Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. 2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, ...
Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh,... 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
4. We have nothing in ourselves to offer to God in exchange for our souls, for nothing we offer is of equal value to the infinite value of God whose infinite worth we devalued by our sinning against Him. Our supposed “good” can never outweigh our bad in God’s eyes.
Psalm 49:7 No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him-- 8 For the redemption of his soul is costly, and he should cease trying forever-- 9 That he should live on eternally, that he should not undergo decay.
Isaiah 64:6 For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; and all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
Mark 8:37 "For what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Romans 3:11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; 12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."
5. Salvation is not obtained by human merit before God, but received as a gift from God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
6. God, who justly insists that He be honored by full payment for our sins, graciously accepts the death of His divine Son, Jesus, as payment for the sins of all who are joined/united with Jesus by faith - a wholehearted self-abandoning entrusting of our souls to all that He is (Savior, God, Sin-covering Sacrifice, Lord to be obeyed, King, Judge, Giver of Life, Source of all wisdom and truth).
Romans 3:24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. ... 26 ... so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Romans 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in (union with) Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in (union with) Him.
7. Christ, through His death and resurrection for those who believe in Him, removes our separation from God and brings us into an everlasting, saving relationship with God.
Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God ....
8. Christ has promised to return in glory to resurrect and glorify all who have trusted in Him, that they might live in the presence of His eternal glory and joy.
John 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
Philippians 3:20-21 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.
Hebrews 9:28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.